Your booking implies your agreement to the general conditions and is equal to a reservation in the case that a place is available.
In accordance with article L221-28 of the french consumer code, you do not benefit of a withdrawal period for the purchase of travel services.
The person who registers in the name and on behalf of several participants undertakes to transmit to each participant the information provided by Chamonix Mont Blanc Guides.
Full payment of the course cost must be settled at the time of booking via the online booking form in order to confirm your place. If the course is not listed, or you wish to pay in two halfs, then a 50% deposit must be paid either via credit card or bank transfer, in order to reserve your place. The registration form must be dated and signed and the deposit paid. For last minute bookings the full price is requested.
An invoice is issued upon receipt of your deposit, which we will send to the customer by email.The balance must be paid at the latest, without reminder from us 31 days before departure. Any delay in the payment of the balance may be assimilated to a cancellation for which cancellation fees will be applied.
We accept Visa/Mastercard, American Express (extra 3% fees), cash (once in Chamonix)
Due to world CORONA Virus crisis ongoing, the french governement put on laws to protect the turism agencies. Hereby the decrete translated in english to the attention of our clients. Please be understanding and patient regarding this manner, we are getting back to each client individually.
Covid-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic Situation
The health crisis we are experiencing right now is unprecedented.
In this unprecedented context the French government announced exceptional measures aimed to maintain the economic stability of the country and in particular the tourism sector, very strongly affected by this health crisis.
This state of health emergency system suspends (by derogation) the application of the tourism code for all cases of cancellation of a package for the client or the professional for exceptional circumstances related to Covid-19 , between March 1 and September 15, 2020 (ordinance n ° 2020-315 of March 25, 2020 which reconciles consumer protection and tourism professionals).
** For all courses for which CMBG/Odyssée Montagne no longer operates: until May 15, 2020 included on all destinations:
Tourism professionals are authorized to issue a CREDIT equivalent to the full amount paid for the package canceled due to the Covid-19 crisis, instead of a refund.
The customer is required to accept the credit by way of derogation from the provisions of article 211-14-II and III of the tourism code.
This credit allows the clients to plan a new trip, under the following conditions:
- Validity period of the credit:
- For courses starting before July 1, 2020: legally, it is 18 months from its date of issue. Chamonix Mont Blanc Guide/ Odyssée Montagne has chosen to extend it until December 31, 2021 to give clients more flexibility in re-organizing their stay.
- For courses starting on or after July 1, 2020, it will be 18 months from the date of issue.
- If suppliers (huts, hotels, for example) impose particular constraints on us, they will be mentioned on your credit.
- The cancellation fees of the General Conditions & Terms are not applicable.
- Price differences at the time of postponement:
- if the package is more expensive (if you choose another destination or other season, if the package is similar but there is an increase in prices such as accommodation/ huts for example), the difference will be at customers charge.
- if the package is cheaper: the remainder will be transformed into a credit note under the conditions provided for by the decree.
- The credit cannot be transferred to a third party.
For all courses for which CMBG/ Odyssée Montagne operates: starting between May 16 and September 15, 2020 on all destinations:
Cancellation linked to Covid-19 or not:
CMBG/Odyssée Montagne will apply the same conditions as those defined above. According to the evolution of the situation, it will be possible to return to the application of the initial contract as soon as we have all the guarantees that the trip will be able to take place normally.
We therefore invite you to be patient.
Courses from September 16, 2020 on all destinations:
In the event of cancellation by the ORGANIZER for “exceptional and inevitable circumstances having significant consequences on organizing the course ” (borders closed, services not available due to the Covid-19 crisis), customers can claim a refund of the paid amount within 14 days.
If cancellation by CLIENT not related to Covid-19:
Application of the GTC.
If you have to cancel, notify us as soon as possible by email.
The following cancellation charges apply:
- 60 days or more before the start date: 30% of the total cost
- between 60 and 21 days before the start date: 45% of the total cost
- from 20 to 15 days before the start date: 60% of the total cost
- less than 15 days: 100% of the total cost of your trip
If you interrupt a course:
If you have taken out an insurance contract with us, the insurance will proceed with refunds according to the contract conditions. All voluntary interruptions from your part do not qualify for any reimbursements. No reimbursements can be made for having an inadequate fitness and/or skill level.
If we interrupt a course:
If we interrupt the course for any reason, you will receive a credit valid until December 31 of the following year for all the services not used. No monetary refund or indemnities will be granted. (except Covid case)
There are enough people, but the course cannot take place:
- If adverse political or health circumstances arise, or administrative authorisation is withheld, you will be advised as soon as this occurs.
- We will change the location for another route or for another summit with the same level of difficulty. The price of the trip may change (we will try to keep it as close as possible to the original price). The only refusal reason accepted on your part will be your prior ascent of the summit substitute. In this case you will be refunded, without indemnities. No other reason will be accepted and the cancellation will be your own choice. Cancellation fees will apply.
- If it is not possible to organise another location substitute, we will postpone the departure. You will receive a non-transferable voucher valid until December 31 of the following year, for all the services not used. No refund or indemnities will be granted.
- If the weather forecast forces us to abandon the course, you will be informed 2 days prior to your departure.
- We will change the location if possible. The price of the trip may change (we will try to keep it as close as possible to the original price). The only refusal reason accepted on your part will be your prior ascent of the summit substitute. In this case you will be refunded, without indemnities. No other reason will be accepted and the cancellation will be your own choice. Cancellation fees will apply. If adverse weather affects all the Alps, we will postpone departure, depending on your availability. You will receive a credit valid until December 31 of the following year for all refundable services not used. No cash refund or indemnities will be granted.
If not enough people have booked:
We have the following options:
The trip can go ahead, with a supplementary price unanimously accepted by all the participants;
We will transfer you onto the equivalent trip at a later date of your choice;
We will offer to transfer your booking to another organisation that offers a similar program;
We will offer you a full reimbursement.
You will be told at the latest 7 days prior to the course start date.
In case of cancellation of the postponed stay
For whatever reason, the new cancellation conditions are real costs.
In the event of non-acceptance of commercial offers at the end of the Credit date
You can request a refund.
The financial guarantee of the Credits is ensured by the APST (professional association of tourism solidarity)
It applies to package stays, in the event of agency failure.
We aspire to a rapid end to this global crisis in order to be able to thank you for your loyalty by once again organizing beautiful getaways in our mountains.
We remain attentive to the evolution of the situation and we will inform you if we have to make other decisions.
For those who do not have any search and rescue, assistance and repatriation insurances, we have negotiated with GBC MONTAGNE, a contract to cover sporting activities, throughout the world, without altitude limit. Contract 7.906.083 between MAPFRE ASSISTANCE and GBC MONTAGNE.
If you have any, please fill in the insurance discharge accordingly.
For European and Non European : https://assurance-multi-sports.com/docs/notice_en.pdf
5. CIVIL LIABILITY
In accordance with the law, we are insured under professional civil responsibility of a travel agency: HISCOX - 12 quai des Queyries - 33100 Bordeaux. This does not substitute for individual civil liability, which each participant must have.
Chamonix Mont Blanc Guides - Odyssée Montagne does not assume the individual liability of the client whose responsibility it is to inform themselves of all the police, health authorities’ and customs’ formalities before the departure and throughout the trip. No refunds will be made for if you are late for your departure, due to negligence on your part that leads to the impossibility of your departure. Those of another nationality must inform themselves of the administrative and health formalities according to the relevant embassy.
Chamonix Mont Blanc Guides - Odyssée Montagne is an intermediary between the client and the external services provided (e.g. transport, hotels). It is not to be confused with the services who in all states conserve their own right of responsibility. The carrier is notably responsible for damages, theft or late luggage. In the case of an incident it is to them that you will have to make a claim.
As the nature of our courses is very particular, modifications to the programs can occur depending on the level of the participants’ skills, weather conditions, mountain conditions, technical requirements as well as other factors. For your security, the guide will be the only judge of any changes made to the program. If the course must be interrupted and it is not possible to replace it with another program, (a decision made unanimously by the participants), you will have the choice, valid until December 31 of the following year, of any trip offered in our catalogue, which is equal to the unused credit. No reimbursements will be made.
The prices mentioned consist of, except when specifically mentioned on the technical forms, the guide’s services, accommodation, meals, transport within the Mont Blanc valley, and other means of transport during the stay including cable cars, taxi, bus. Not included: transport to the meeting point, insurance, additional drinks and snacks, and personal expenses. The price will be defined by the number of participants. An extra “small group” charge may be billed to you 21 days before your departure, pending your agreement, depending on the number of participants.
Hotel*** in Chamonix : twin/double rooms, shared with another participant. Single room option is possible for an extra amount.
Huts : nights in Dormitory : bring your own silk linen bag, slippers are available in the hut.
9. ASSIGNEMENT OF THE CONTRACT
In accordance with article R.211-7 of the Tourism Code, you have the possibility of assigning your contract to a transferee who fulfills the same conditions as you for carrying out the stay as long as this contract has not produced any effect. You are required to inform Chamonix Mont Blanc Guides of your decision by any means allowing an acknowledgment of receipt and at the latest 7 days before the start of the stay.
The assignor and / or the assignee are required to pay the costs that would be incurred as a result of the assignment.
10. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
The information that you transmit to us is recorded in a computerized file by CMBG / Odyssée Montagne, SARL registered with the RCS of Bonneville under the number 393 593 397, whose registered office is located at 291 Les Barbolets, 74310 Servoz, in its capacity as data controller.
The personal information collected is used for the organization of your stay, to offer you similar services or offers likely to interest you, to produce statistics, to send you newsletters.
CMBG/Odyssée Montagne undertakes not to transfer or sell your personal data to non-partner third parties.
Your data is kept for the time of our contractual relationship and for the duration necessary to meet a legal or regulatory obligation. In accordance with the amended IT, files and freedoms law N ° 78-17 of January 6, 1978, you have the right to access, object (in particular to sending marketing communications), rectify, limit and deletion as well as a right to portability on personal data concerning you. You also have the right to define directives relating to the fate of your personal data after your death. These rights are exercised by email. You have the right to file a complaint with the CNIL if you consider that we do not comply with the applicable regulations on personal data.
11. NON SOLICITATION
The customer accepts not to contact the guide which has been previously presented to him by CMBG, in order to form a service contract without going through CMBG, which would then be justified in asking him for compensation according to the damage suffered.
This clause will apply even if the solicitation is initiated by the guide.
All complaints should be addressed to Chamonix Mont Blanc Guides - Odyssée Montagne, by a registered letter, at the latest 20 days following the return date, with justifying documentation. All disputes can result in a hearing at the Bonneville commercial court.
CMBG - ODYSSEE MONTAGNE
SARL au capital de 7622€
RCS Bonneville 393 593 397 00036
Licence détat d’agence de voyages 074 98 0006
Garantie par APS. 6 rue Villaret de Joyeuse. 75017 Paris
RC: HISCOX. 12 quai des Queyries. 33100 Bordeaux