Your booking implies your agreement to the general conditions and is equal to a reservation in the case that a place is available.
Full payment of the course cost must be settled at the time of booking via the online booking form in order to confirm your place.
If the course is not listed, then a 50% deposit must be paid either via credit card or bank transfer, in order to reserve your place.
If you have to cancel, notify us as soon as possible by email.
The following cancellation charges apply:
- 31 days or more before the start date: 50€ per person
- between 30 and 21 days before the start date: 30% of the total cost
- from 20 to 15 days before the start date: 60% of the total cost
- less than 15 days: 100% of the total cost of your trip
If you interrupt a course:
If you have taken out an insurance contract with us, the insurance will proceed with refunds according to the contract conditions. All voluntary interruptions from your part do not qualify for any reimbursements. No reimbursements can be made for having an inadequate fitness and/or skill level.
If we interrupt a course:
If we interrupt the course is for any reason, you will receive a credit valid until December 31 of the following year for all the services not used. No montetary refund or indemnities will be granted.
There are enough people, but the course cannot take place:
- If adverse political or health circumstances arise, or administrative authorisation is withheld, you will be advised as soon as this occurs.
- We will change the location for another route or for another summit with the same level of difficulty. The price of the trip may change (we will try to keep it as close as possible to the original price). The only refusal reason accepted on your part will be your prior ascent of the summit substitute. In this case you will be refunded, without indemnities. No other reason will be accepted and the cancellation will be your own choice. Cancellation fees will apply.
- If it is not possible to organise another location substitute, we will postpone the departure. You will receive a non-transferable voucher valid until December 31 of the following year, for all the services not used. No refund or indemnities will be granted.
- If the weather forecast forces us to abandon the course, you will be informed 2 days prior to your departure.
- We will change the location if possible. The price of the trip may change (we will try to keep it as close as possible to the original price). The only refusal reason accepted on your part will be your prior ascent of the summit substitute. In this case you will be refunded, without indemnities. No other reason will be accepted and the cancellation will be your own choice. Cancellation fees will apply. If adverse weather affects all the Alps, we will postpone departure, depending on your availability. You will receive a credit valid until December 31 of the following year for all refundable services not used. No cash refund or indemnities will be granted.
If not enough people have booked:
We have the following options:
The trip can go ahead, with a supplementary price unanimously accepted by all the participants;
We will transfer you onto the equivalent trip at a later date of your choice;
We will offer to transfer your booking to another organisation that offers a similar program;
We will offer you a full reimbursement.
You will be told at the latest 7 days prior to the course start date.
For those who do not have any search and rescue, assistance and repatriation insurances, we have negotiated with GBC MONTAGNE, a contract to cover sporting activities, throughout the world, without altitude limit. Contract 7.906.083 between MAPFRE ASSISTANCE and GBC MONTAGNE.
If you have any, please fill in the insurance discharge accordingly.
For European and Non European : https://assurance-multi-sports.com/docs/notice_en.pdf
5. CIVIL LIABILITY
In accordance with the law, we are insured under professional civil responsibility of a travel agency: HISCOX - 12 quai des Queyries - 33100 Bordeaux. This does not substitute for individual civil liability, which each participant must have.
Chamonix Mont Blanc Guides - Odyssée Montagne does not assume the individual liability of the client whose responsibility it is to inform themselves of all the police, health authorities’ and customs’ formalities before the departure and throughout the trip. No refunds will be made for if you are late for your departure, due to negligence on your part that leads to the impossibility of your departure. Those of another nationality must inform themselves of the administrative and health formalities according to the relevant embassy.
Chamonix Mont Blanc Guides - Odyssée Montagne is an intermediary between the client and the external services provided (e.g. transport, hotels). It is not to be confused with the services who in all states conserve their own right of responsibility. The carrier is notably responsible for damages, theft or late luggage. In the case of an incident it is to them that you will have to make a claim.
As the nature of our courses is very particular, modifications to the programs can occur depending on the level of the participants’ skills, weather conditions, mountain conditions, technical requirements as well as other factors. For your security, the guide will be the only judge of any changes made to the program. If the course must be interrupted and it is not possible to replace it with another program, (a decision made unanimously by the participants), you will have the choice, valid until December 31 of the following year, of any trip offered in our catalogue, which is equal to the unused credit. No reimbursements will be made.
The prices mentioned consist of, except when specifically mentioned on the technical forms, the guide’s services, accommodation, meals, transport within the Mont Blanc valley, and other means of transport during the stay including cable cars, taxi, bus. Not included: transport to the meeting point, insurance, additional drinks and snacks, and personal expenses. The price will be defined by the number of participants. An extra “small group” charge may be billed to you 21 days before your departure, pending your agreement, depending on the number of participants.
All complaints should be addressed to Chamonix Mont Blanc Guides - Odyssée Montagne, by a registered letter, at the latest 20 days following the return date, with justifying documentation. All disputes can result in a hearing at the Bonneville commercial court.
CMBG - ODYSSEE MONTAGNE
SARL au capital de 7622€
RCS Bonneville 393 593 397 00036
Licence détat d’agence de voyages 074 98 0006
Garantie par APS. 6 rue Villaret de Joyeuse. 75017 Paris
RC: HISCOX. 12 quai des Queyries. 33100 Bordeaux